In a nutshell, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were an estimated 40,900 capital goods jobs available in the USA in September 2023. This number is based on data from the Current Employment Statistics (CES) program, which surveys a sample of businesses and government agencies each month to collect data on employment, hours, and earnings. However, the CES program does not specifically track capital goods jobs. So, there are an estimated 1 million jobs available in capital goods in the USA.
This number is based on a variety of sources, including the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Indeed, and other job boards. It is important to note that this is just an estimate, and the actual number of jobs available may vary depending on the specific industry and occupation.
Here is a breakdown of the number of jobs available in some of the largest capital goods industries in the USA:
- Manufacturing: 600,000
- Construction: 400,000
- Transportation and warehousing: 200,000
- Utilities: 100,000
What are Capital Goods Jobs?
Before stepping deep into how many jobs available in capital goods, let’s begin with what capital jobs are actually. Capital goods are a key component of a country’s economy and are defined as goods used to produce other goods and services. Capital goods can be either physical (e.g. machinery, equipment, buildings) or human (e.g. workers with specialized skills).
Investment in capital goods is essential for a country to be able to produce goods and services efficiently. A country with a large and modern stock of capital goods can produce more output per worker and thus enjoy a higher standard of living.
However, investment in capital goods is not without risk. For example, a company may invest in a new factory only to find that the demand for its products is not as strong as expected.
In such a case, the company may be forced to close the factory and lay off workers, leading to economic hardship for those affected.
Thus, while investment in capital goods is essential for a country’s economic growth and prosperity, it is important to carefully consider the risks involved before making any decisions. Capital Goods jobs are good and good in numbers but comes with its own hurdle in some sense.
Capital Goods Jobs Scenario
The capital goods jobs sector comprises industries that produce durable goods used in the production of other goods and services. The sector includes industries such as machinery, transportation equipment, and fabricated metal products.
The capital goods sector is an important part of the economy, as it provides the equipment and machinery used in the production of other goods and services. The sector is also a major source of employment, with over 12 million Americans employed in the capital goods sector as of 2016.
The capital goods sector is a vital part of the economy and provides millions of Americans with good-paying jobs. The sector is also an important source of tax revenue for state and local governments.
The United States is home to many different types of capital goods jobs. These jobs are important to the economy and provide good wages and benefits.
There are many different types of capital goods jobs in the United States. These jobs are important to the economy and provide good wages and benefits.
Some of the most common capital goods jobs in the United States include:
-Manufacturing jobs: These jobs involve the production of goods. Manufacturing jobs can be found in a variety of industries, including the automotive, aerospace, and electronics industries.
-Construction jobs: These jobs involve the construction of buildings and other structures. Construction jobs can be found in the commercial, residential, and industrial sectors.
-Transportation jobs: These jobs involve the movement of people and goods. Transportation jobs can be found in the air, land, and water transportation industries.
-Energy jobs: These jobs involve the production and distribution of energy. Energy jobs can be found in the power oil, and gas sectors.How Many Jobs are available in Capital Goods?
How Many Jobs are available in Capital Goods?
There are plenty of job opportunities available in the capital goods sector. In fact, this sector is one of the most robust and growing industries in the country.
The capital goods sector includes a wide range of businesses that produce equipment and machinery used in various industries. This sector is a major driver of economic growth, as it provides the tools and equipment necessary for businesses to expand and operate efficiently.
The demand for capital goods is always high, as businesses are constantly in need of new equipment and machinery. This means that there are plenty of job opportunities available in this sector.
If you’re looking for a stable and growing industry to get involved in, the capital goods sector is a great option. There are plenty of job opportunities available, and you can be sure that you’ll be in high demand.How Many Jobs are available in Capital Goods?
There are 1.3 million jobs available in capital goods in the United States. Of which, only about 150,000 are manual labor jobs. This means that there is an enormous need for people to fill those other 900,000 jobs in the capital goods sector at the moment. From assemblers to quality control, working in capital goods offers a wide range of roles and responsibilities.
Capital Goods Jobs Data
Here are some of the most common jobs available in capital goods:
|Job Title||Number Of Jobs In The U.S.||2020-2030 Job Growth Rate||Job Openings|
|Business Development Manager||286,000+||8%||296,000+|
|Quality Control Manager||122,000+||1%||96,000+|
|Research and Development Technician||22,000+||7%||123,000+|
data from zippia.com
How Many Jobs are available in Capital Goods?
How Many Jobs are available in Capital Goods in usa and abroad globally?
The availability of capital goods jobs in the United States and globally is constantly changing due to various factors. These factors contribute to the demand for these jobs, and they include:
- Economic growth: When economies expand, businesses invest in new capital goods like machinery and equipment. This leads to a higher demand for workers skilled in manufacturing, engineering, and related fields.
- Increasing product complexity: Products are becoming more intricate, requiring workers with specialized skills to design, construct, and maintain them. This trend drives the demand for individuals with advanced degrees in engineering, computer science, and STEM fields.
- Globalization: The global economy offers new opportunities for capital goods companies to sell their products and services to businesses worldwide. This creates a demand for workers who can communicate in multiple languages and have a deep understanding of diverse cultures.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the capital goods manufacturing industry is projected to grow by 6% from 2020 to 2030, faster than the average growth rate across all occupations. The strongest demand for capital goods workers is expected in the following occupations:
- Engineers: Engineers play a crucial role in designing, developing, and testing new products and processes across various industries such as manufacturing, construction, and energy.
- Technicians: Technicians are responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing capital goods. They are in demand in diverse sectors like manufacturing, construction, and transportation.
- Sales representatives: Sales representatives are essential for selling capital goods to businesses and organizations. They need a comprehensive understanding of the products they sell and the needs of their customers.
The capital goods industry is expansive and growing, offering numerous opportunities for individuals with diverse skill sets. To enhance your chances of success in this industry, you can take several steps, including:
- Obtain a quality education: A bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field is often required by employers in the capital goods industry.
- Gain experience: Internships and entry-level positions provide valuable hands-on experience and help develop the necessary skills for a career in capital goods.
- Network: Building connections within the capital goods industry can provide insights into job opportunities and open doors for you.
The capital goods industry presents an excellent starting point for a career. With a solid education, relevant experience, and effective networking skills, you can find a rewarding and fulfilling career in this thriving industry.
|Occupation||Number of Jobs|
|Sales representatives||1 million|
|Other occupations||1.3 million|
The total number of jobs in the capital goods industry in the United States is estimated to be 6 million. The industry is expected to grow by 6% from 2020 to 2030, which is faster than the average for all occupations. The demand for capital goods workers is expected to be strongest in the following occupations:
- Sales representatives
How to Get into Capital Goods Jobs?
The capital goods industry is a large and growing industry that offers a variety of opportunities for workers with a wide range of skills. If you are interested in a career in the capital goods industry, there are a number of steps you can take to increase your chances of success. These steps include:
- Get a good education: A good education is essential for a career in the capital goods industry. Many employers require workers to have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- Get experience: Internships and entry-level jobs can give you valuable experience and help you develop the skills you need for a career in the capital goods industry.
- Network: Networking with people in the capital goods industry can help you learn about job opportunities and get your foot in the door.
The capital goods industry is a great place to start your career. With a good education, experience, and networking skills, you can find a rewarding career in this growing industry.